lost GPS in Wisconsin Menominee river parkway

dgfullin

Hoping for some help from all my geocaching buddies. I was in Milwaukee in the Menominee River Parkway. Son and I were caching and our last stop was A Riverside Stroll #GC111DJ. My GPS died and with looking for a few caches in this area, we had trouble getting out, no track back. My son is special needs, and I spent more time watching him have fun than watching where we were at and going. Anyway I ended up losing my GPS somewhere in these woods. Please no lectures on backup batteries, compasses....My wife gave me all that. I was hoping that if anyone is in this area of woods, they might keep an eye out for my GPS. If found I will give a description to prove it is mine. It's the one with stupid written on it with invisible ink. i don't expect anyone to make a special trip, but if you happen to be caching in these woods, maybe you could just watch and hopefully stumble over it.

Thanks in advance.

dgfullin, I will post a link to this thread in the Wisconson Geocaching Associations web site forums to try to help you out.

Thanks for the help. I am finding out geocachers are the greatest people. Glad we started this. My next step is to try and find a tree to climb and look around with some binoculars. Perhaps a different vantage point...Then again someone may have already found it and are now caching on their own.

I will contact Lego Lover & Gr8 Eyes who live in that area to see if they might be able to take a quick trip out there for you. They usually do not read the forums

AuntieNae

Thanks AuntieNae,

I am thinking this is a lost cause, but figured with all the cachers out there I may get lucky. You are all the best.

Just came across the thread -- I live in Tosa and can make a point of hitting the cache site if you are still looking. I suspect you got a new unit -- my daughter lost my unit in her bedroom, and I was getting dt's after a week! :huh: Fortunately we found in her nest of junk in the back of the closet. :blink: Best wishes!

Just came across the thread -- I live in Tosa and can make a point of hitting the cache site if you are still looking. I suspect you got a new unit -- my daughter lost my unit in her bedroom, and I was getting dt's after a week! :huh: Fortunately we found in her nest of junk in the back of the closet. :rolleyes: Best wishes!

Actually I have a borrowed one a friend wasn't using. I still go there every week hoping. The DTs were bad at first, but after finding a few caches with the borrowed GPS, it's all good. Still hoping to find it, if not maybe my family will get me a special fathers day gift. Thanks for the help.