shipping?

MREAGLEWO1

Most of the ones I receive are in Global Priority Mail evelopes, often with a bubble bag inside it containing the coins. Seems to work well.

When I send coins I secure them to some light card and wrap with a layer of bubble wrap (normally cut up peices from old bubble bags); then I put a layer of cardboard around that (normally old GPM envelopes) and then all that goes inside a bubble bag for international mailing.

The WORST way is to use packing tape inside the padded mailer to prevent the coin/s from sloshing around inside the empty space of the mailer. Wrap the coin sleeves in something before taping the heck out of 'em. The glue never comes off the sleeves.

Have I bitched about this before? Sorry, senior moment and I forgot.

The WORST way is to use packing tape inside the padded mailer to prevent the coin/s from sloshing around inside the empty space of the mailer. Wrap the coin sleeves in something before taping the heck out of 'em. The glue never comes off the sleeves.

Have I bitched about this before? Sorry, senior moment and I forgot.

Keep on bitchin', Droo ;) This is a pet peeve of mine, as well. On the few occasions when I've traded geocoins, I've used two padded envelopes; we have *lots* of them lying around, from all the coins we've bought :cry: The coin(s) go in a small envelope, which I'll tape on the outside and then that goes into a slightly larger one, which I'll fold over to make it all snug. The weight isn't affected, and the USPS doesn't care about the dimensions, as it's over an ounce, anyhow. They've all gotten where they needed to go :P

For the record, we've never paid for insurance, and have never (knock on my head, err... wood - oh, wait! it's the same thing, isn't it?) lost a package yet :)