Maps for PDA with Paperless Caching

Steve03

I have just started paperless caching in the past few weeks and its great. I've got cachemate and it works perfectly.

Now on to my question: Is there some kind of way to put maps onto my PDA that show the cache locations, similar to when you can view the geocaches on Google Earth?

Thanks!

Which PDA do you have?

Since I have maps on my GPSr, I've never thought about having maps on my Palm M500 . . . not sure it could show them anyway . . . :laughing:

I have a Palm Z22 and just a basic GPSr so I was hoping to get some better maps for the PDA.

I have just started paperless caching in the past few weeks and its great. I've got cachemate and it works perfectly.

Now on to my question: Is there some kind of way to put maps onto my PDA that show the cache locations, similar to when you can view the geocaches on Google Earth?

Thanks!

Not sure on what you use for a PDA. But I use a IPAQ 3850 PDA and run Cachemate on it, also use for maps on my PDA, too. I use Microsoft Street&Trips by downloading maps for the area I'm caching in and use pushpins icons to point out cache locations

Edited by Capt Biggins

You can also get Delorme Street Atlas 2007 (not 2006 or earlier, though)

It will output a portion of a map, including the "waypoints" as an image to your PDA. The picture you open in the PDA is zoom-able so you can see it pretty well. I have a Palm tungsten T and it works pretty well.

I have a Dell Axim and use National Geographic Topo program. I generate maps with the caches marked and save them as a JPEG. You can also buy a PDA upgrade and I am not sure what more that gives you. The Topo maps from this program are better than the version on my GPS.

Chuck