PQs and Disabled Caches

I did the PQ thing and got a complete list of caches into GSAK.

I now have a PQ running weekly which gives me any updates (when they are disabled or archived) or new ones.

Now as you know, most disabled caches spring back to life.

How do I do a query that says "If it's enabled then include it in a PQ"?

Cheers

TOS

I did the PQ thing and got a complete list of caches into GSAK.

I now have a PQ running weekly which gives me any updates (when they are disabled or archived) or new ones.

Now as you know, most disabled caches spring back to life.

How do I do a query that says "If it's enabled then include it in a PQ"?

Cheers

TOS

As far as I know, it happens automatically. As soon as it is updated the update info is sent via your PQ, including changing from 'disabled' to 'enabled'. That is my experience, and looking at the PQ set up page, I think that I am right.

I thought archived caches didn't appear in PQs, so you don't get notified?

correct - archived caches never appear in PQs, but disabled ones will (assuming you don't chose not to include them when setting up the PQ)!

To spot archived caches in GSAK, then you can do it IF you are updating your entire database every week. Any caches that HAVEN'T been updated in the last week (there is a GSAK field for last updated date) are probably archived, although its best to check them individually...

I think maybe the last two posts haven't read the OP properly. Stu wants to know how to see when temped caches are re-enabled, not when they are archived.

I was pointing out their error.

But, a PQ that only includes newly re-enabled caches, I don't think there's a way. (ignore me)

Edited by Edgemaster

I think maybe the last two posts haven't read the OP properly. Stu wants to know how to see when temped caches are re-enabled, not when they are archived.

T

as i said, they should be re-enabled automatically... however, re-reading it, if Stu actually wants to know which ones are re-enabled, and when, then it depends how he loads his PQs, but i'm sure there is an option somewhere to show load stats, which wells you this info, but I can't work out where! Mine is all macro'd....

Try GSAK help for 'showstats' or something similar... <_<

HTH

Dave

They will show in the PQ automatically as has been said already.

When you load the PQ in GSAK you get a pop-up box that summarises the changes made from loading the PQ. If there are any caches that are changed from Active to Disabled or vice versa it tells you.

If you miss the summary then clicking on File >> Display Last Change Log will open a browser page showing all the changes made with the above summary at the end.

This probably only works if you have the cache marked as Disabled in your current GSAK database