Walking downtown Indy on April 21st for 5 miles...

ATMS

Trying to be politically correct here... :)

If there is anyone else going to be in Downtown Indy on April 21st walking 5 miles or so (just for the fun of it) and would like to get together before or afterwards for downtown caching or a quick get together, please send me an e-mail and lets see if we can get together! There are a LOT of great caches downtown and maybe a few more to come! The route I'll be walking will cover Military park and the IUPUI campus...

Thanks!

ATMS

you know...this could be kind of a fun game. i live dt and might be able to come up with like a cool game or something to do w/ gps while you are there walking. if you think that might be cool, lemme know and we can put our heads together for a walk-about or something. maybe like a gps game of TAG!!! ooohh, fun!!

That sounds great Top Con! Whoo Hooo! So even those that aren't going to walk the walk - they can come down and still have fun! Sounds like an event in the works! I'll be sure to organize some yummy goodness to make this qualify if we decide to have an event! Thanks! Let's get some ideas going - we have a month to get this together!

well, i'm glad you like the idea, cause after i left work i felt like i hijacked your walk, and then felt bad about it! but i'm glad you thought it could be fun!

last night i was beainstorming about how we could "legally" (i mean, according to gc.com reg's), pull something like that off. and i kept thinking back to my high school days of cb radio tag. we would drive around and call out landmarks we passed, and then friends would have to track us down. it was like a rolling game of cat and mouse. i realize that a game like this would require radios, but i gotta believe that somehow it could be retro-fitted to work with gps.

like, maybe go out ahead of time and mark some waypoints at prominent art sculptures along your route. then you could get a list of points to hit and then record some piece of info that would have to be put together like a puzzle. i know that this technically falls under virtual caches, so i don't know how it could work. but i guess it could be made into an event, but i've never done something like that so i would need someone with more experience to help out.

but let me know what you guys think, and if there is enough interest maybe we could pull it off. i guess i kind of want to come up with a new gps game...not a virtual, not a regular cache, but not a puzzle. my gps has a bunch of games that you play in a park, and walk around and it follows on the screen and goes through a maze or whatever. it would be cool if we could design something like that around downtown indy. oh man...now my brain is not thinking about work!!

If you are walking around the IUPUI campus, I have a webcam cache there - although it's officially inactive - can be logged via a temporary webcam that is there. Read my log 1/5/2007 for information on logging it. Cache is GCNDER Call Me Sometime When You Have No Class.

hey again...

i haven't forgot about the walk, and if we are in town (schedule is tricky right now), then we will probably join in the fun. i have not been able to hammer out details for a fun little game to play, so that will have to wait until an official event, or some other reason! but, if people are gonna walk, then count us in! happy caching...

dtc (formerly, top con)