Biloxi

Dark Noise

Dark Noise you might also contact a fellow geocacher from Idaho that is already in the area until June. His nick is "maverick_65g". Below is his post from our state website!

Idaho Geocacher here!

Stationed at Keesler AFB unitl June. Ive found a bunch of caches around here but am looking for some caching buddies! Shoot me an e-mail at maverick_65g@hotmail.com

Good luck and welcome to Mississippi!

Dark Noise you might also contact a fellow geocacher from Idaho that is already in the area until June. His nick is "maverick_65g". Below is his post from our state website!

Idaho Geocacher here!

Stationed at Keesler AFB unitl June. Ive found a bunch of caches around here but am looking for some caching buddies! Shoot me an e-mail at maverick_65g@hotmail.com

Good luck and welcome to Mississippi!

I'm Biloxi-based but I'm afraid I'm not of much help as to the recent "caching scene" in our area since Katrina - I work out of state and seldom cache during my weekends back home. However, I've dropped another local caching buddy of mine a note with the link to this forum entry; if he has cached our area recently, perhaps he'll chime in with some scouting reports.

Doin' what I can....

-Dave R. in Biloxi (but mostly in Minnesota!)

Sure Dave glad to help.

Many of the great trail hikes were destroyed with Hurricane Katrina and have not been replaced but we still have a a few hikes remaining. The ones that I would recommend are

GC11P9P GCZEAE GC111DY GCM7EE GCHJFB GCJ4V5

GCNQH4 GCT3PZ GCMBRY GC3AF4

I hope I have not omitted any.

We have many other good caches on the coast and welcome all. If I can help in any other way email me. I have personally cached with Maverick since he has been here and he is very aggressive.

I hope that helps.

Sure Dave glad to help.

Many of the great trail hikes were destroyed with Hurricane Katrina and have not been replaced but we still have a a few hikes remaining. The ones that I would recommend are

GC11P9P GCZEAE GC111DY GCM7EE GCHJFB GCJ4V5

GCNQH4 GCT3PZ GCMBRY GC3AF4

I hope I have not omitted any.

We have many other good caches on the coast and welcome all. If I can help in any other way email me. I have personally cached with Maverick since he has been here and he is very aggressive.

I hope that helps.

The GCJ4V5 (listed above) is a really cool place...I haven't had a chance to find it yet, but my son's Boy Scout Troop hiked the trails and camped out at the POW camp there!

There is one a ways out of the way from Biloxi in the Pascagoula Wildlife Land Management Area called Lice Lake (GCKEEY). I have done this one and if you don't have a 4-wheel drive, then the hike is about 3/4 of mile one-way, but it is really cool out there.

Unfortunately Lice Lake is almost certainly gone. If you want to range a bit further to the west, Hancock County and the surrounding area has a few nice little hikes:

GCD933 Witness (my baby :P )

GCC79F Rotten Bayou

GC10K6M Coleman

GCJGXV Fun N Games 1

GCHMCQ Lynn's Tribute

I list these in roughly order of difficulty. Now, if you want a REAL challenge, try:

GCCE3E The Coal Pit

All I can tell you about that one is that it's there. We found it last month. It wasn't easy. Might consider renting a boat.

Be sure to take your repellant. :D

LG,

I am not that aggressive! You are the king of caching!

I had a blast in MS, and unfortunately I had to return to Idaho. It was nice caching with you Ken and I am sorry that I never met any other great cachers during my stay like the booda's

Dan