Whatever Happened to

slippery_1

I was going through my list of coins and for the life of me can't remember who it was that had those antartic coins.

I know I ordered one or two but for the life of me I can't recall who or when they where shipping? Just remember the orriginator was I think a proffessor for somewhere.

I'm surprised that anyone's received an LE edition. I have not received the ones that I ordered, but on March 13 there was an email that went around to those who ordered. Here is a portion of that email:

Hello everyone:

Here is the promised update about my coin.

The mint has achieved the look in the coin samples as promised and the coins are finally in "re-production".

The mint will ship them directly to CoinsandPins for Quality Control and they will then send them on to me.

So hopefully in just a little more than 2 weeks from now I should see them at my house.

Once I have them I will get them packed and shipped out asap.

As of Feb 27, only the Two-Tones came in because they were not antique finish. All the others, in antique finish needed further work.

On March 13, an update was made by OshnDoc and an Antique Gold version was offered: "For those who have not been able to make it in on round one with these coins, I have added a few more coins to the order.."

The coins should be finished any day, now that it is about two weeks since March 13th.

For more info and pictures, click this link.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=2759949

Edited by tom4props

Thanks for all the explanations in my behalf. Just came back from church and saw this topic posted.

Yes the coins are still being remade and, based on my latest e-mail from CoinsandPins, are scheduled to arrive at their facility for April 3rd for quality control. ("Hello, It looks like I will receive these on April 3rd. Thank you, Aaron ")

Once Aaron has checked the quality of these coins to be satisfactory, he will then ship them to my house for distribution.

This is the status for the original coins (Version 1) in Antique Silver, Antique Copper and Antique Bronze, and the additionally ordered coins in Antique Gold (Version 1.5).

I do have the Two-Tone versions in hand and have traded with a few people for them, as they were not affected by the initial mint problem.

I am hoping to get the coins before Easter, as I am out of town for the week after Easter, on a long planned family trip and will not be able to ship them during that time. Once I have a fixed arrival date of the coins at my house, I can and will prepare as many envelopes/shipping lables to ship before I leave, but again, it all depends on when I get the coins. I do appologize for this delay, and again offer a refund to anyone who wishes to not want the coins any more (Simply send me an e-mail and I will take care of it asap).

Believe me, that there is no one out there more disappointed in the timing of this project than me. However, I can assure you that the coins, once produced in the correct way, will be worth waiting a little bit longer for.

Thank you for your understanding.