4x4 and geocaching

NE4ME

Well, I enjoy geocaching as well as 4x4ing. Just wondering if there is any way to find out which caches require 4x4 to get near them in a vehicle without having to go through each individual cache trying to find one. Obviously some vehicles are more capable than others etc, but has anyone made a comprehensive list so us that enjoy 4x4 can have some 4x4 fun on the way to the cache? If anyone knows of such list or a means of filtering out easy roads, please let me know. I see where there is a terrain listed on each cache, but that usually means a rough hike, compared to a rough road/trail. Might be a good opportunity to put one more rating on each cache concerning road conditions to the cache. Thanks guys...NE4ME

Well, I enjoy geocaching as well as 4x4ing. Just wondering if there is any way to find out which caches require 4x4 to get near them in a vehicle without having to go through each individual cache trying to find one. Obviously some vehicles are more capable than others etc, but has anyone made a comprehensive list so us that enjoy 4x4 can have some 4x4 fun on the way to the cache? If anyone knows of such list or a means of filtering out easy roads, please let me know. I see where there is a terrain listed on each cache, but that usually means a rough hike, compared to a rough road/trail. Might be a good opportunity to put one more rating on each cache concerning road conditions to the cache. Thanks guys...NE4ME
Sometimes, it seems like the answer to every question is 'pocket queries'.

Premium members can run a pocket query of all caches that use the 'off-road vegicle' attribute. Of course, some caches that are good for you might not have the attribute, but it's the best we have.

I like to ride my ATV and am looking forward to caching with it this year. I suggest that you find some areas you want to 4x4 in and then look for caches in that area. Do a search using the coordinates of an area you want to 4x4 in. Show the results on google maps and you can get an idea what is where.

I’ve never seen a cache that requires a 4x4 to get to it. Now, keep in mind that I’m speaking only of a standard 4x4, which as we all know measures in at 3¾ x 3¾, but I doubt that matters much. (You could prolly find a rough sawn 4x4 at a lumber mill, or cut one for yourself out of a 6x6.) I suppose if the cache was under a boulder you could use the 4x4 to pry it up, or you could honk a caching partner on the head with a short 4x4 to ensure you get first dibs on some swag or coin. Seems like a lot of extra weight to be toting around though.