garmin 76csx memory chip

I tried to load an additional 500 caches for a trip I'm taking (in addition to the 500 I had on it) and I got a message saying it was out of memory. So, I deleted all the caches and only loaded those for the trip.

Is there any special problem with just finding a micro sd chip and installing it, or are there other things I should know before I order one?

I tried to load an additional 500 caches for a trip I'm taking (in addition to the 500 I had on it) and I got a message saying it was out of memory. So, I deleted all the caches and only loaded those for the trip.

Is there any special problem with just finding a micro sd chip and installing it, or are there other things I should know before I order one?

Here is one that will do the job:

http://www.meritline.com/kingston-1gb-micro-sd-card.html

Ray

Yes, there is something you should know. A bigger card will not increase your waypoint limit at all because waypoints are stored in a different memory in the unit not on the card, and you are permanently limited to 1000 waypoints.

Thank you for the information... Since my total was over 1,000, with parking points, it could be that I just hit the 1,000 limit...

I looked up points of interest. Can gsak save a list to poi instead of way points?

I think I can live with the 1,000 limit, by being more selective, but it would be nice to know if I ever wanted to store more. Especially on a longer trip, with many destinations.

btw, never knew about the 1,000 limit, though it may be in the manual and I just missed it.