TB type requests...

Oh, I thought this thread was a request for a TB rating system kinda like movies-(G/PG/R/X) That way people could find/avoid the ones they desired. :)

BTW- and to get back OT-there are also Salvation Army Bell TB's put out by the fun folks in the Hampton Roads VA area.

Edited by wimseyguy

I've been kicking around the idea of making a TB to raise awareness of Genital Mutilation that happens here in America. Still not quite sure what I'd want to use for it though.

The way I see it, if you're doing something to raise AWARENESS of a cause, it's not soliciting. If you're doing it to try and convince people to DONATE to some cause, then it'd be soliciting. Or is that really far off base?

Yes, they are all great causes. BUT with so many Diabetes Awareness Travel Bugs in caches around Australia I'm fed up of seeing them :laughing:

I feel obliged to take one and put it in another cache, but after so many I'm getting 'Donor Fatigue' ;)

While the thought is there in raising awareness in a killer disease, I don't think they are doing the general Travel Bug population any good. Repetition breeds complacency. I think too many 20000 themed TB releases will not be good for the rest of the TB population out there and trivialize the whole experience of finding a travel bug :ph34r: Isn't there some way of differentiating future causes from the general TB population by making them geocoins instead :ph34r:

Red cross, U.S. Army, A.I.D.S.... What do they all have in common? There not a type of travel bug! This won't take forever, but let's think, a lot more travel bug types means a lot more particapants! :laughing:

I would not recommend dedicating a type of travel bug to a national army of any kind. Global issues like protecting the environment, helping curing diseases and fighting poverty all seem a much better idea.