returning to a geocache

Im new to this SPORT, and the first cache i found was less then .3 mi from my house. :anibad: The question i have is what is the proper ediquite on geocaches? :P 3 days after i left it, someone stoped in and found it and deposited a geocoin, and i would to go back and retrive it and deposit it somewhere else or place it in my first cache in the spring. I have not had the heart to go and get it because 1. i dont know if it is fair, 2. dont know if i am allowed to return to a sight? I havent read anywheres on the web sight or the book on proper ediquit on this subject. I dont want to ruffel the feathers of fellow geocachers who will be going to this sight in the future to try and get their first coin, or first time there in hopes of getting a coin in the process. Thanks for all the advice that i will recive on this topic. geocacher: GENEGENE ;)

Im new to this SPORT, and the first cache i found was less then .3 mi from my house. :P The question i have is what is the proper ediquite on geocaches? :P 3 days after i left it, someone stoped in and found it and deposited a geocoin, and i would to go back and retrive it and deposit it somewhere else or place it in my first cache in the spring. I have not had the heart to go and get it because 1. i dont know if it is fair, 2. dont know if i am allowed to return to a sight? I havent read anywheres on the web sight or the book on proper ediquit on this subject. I dont want to ruffel the feathers of fellow geocachers who will be going to this sight in the future to try and get their first coin, or first time there in hopes of getting a coin in the process. Thanks for all the advice that i will recive on this topic. geocacher: GENEGENE :anibad:

;) Good Question - I've wondered the same thing myself.

Any answers?? ;)

Feel free to revisit a cache. When you do just log under the "write Note" option.

As for the geocoin, if you can move it along in a reasonable time pick it up. If you want to put it in a cache in the spring then wait until you are ready to hide it before you pick up a coin.

A day or so after I visited a cache for the first time I saw that a logger that deposited a diabetes TB. I just had to grab one so I went back and grabbed it. I did not sign the log again but did report the grab. Don't see anything wrong with that so long as I keep the TB moving.

I think that leaving a note in the log book as well as a note on the cache page that you have stopped by and grabbed the coin is a good thing. That way folks who come along behind you have no question as to what happened to the geocoin that was listed there. Just remember to move it along as soon as you can. Geocoins and TB's love to rack up the frequent flier miles. :P

Living in the area that I do Sometimes the only caching I get to do is move TBs from one cache into another.I have been to some caches more than a dozen times.Always write in the logbook when you visit a cache.Always log the TB into your possesion on the site.TBs want to travel not stay in one spot hoping a new cacher will drop by.

There is a cache near my work, which I've never logged as a "find" because I helped place it. It belongs to someone else but I thought it would be a lame reason for a smiley so I have never "found" it.

However once I had a TB in my possession and I knew I wouldn't get to move it as soon as I'd liked so I dropped it in that cache and posted a note (not a find).

Ironically - nobody picked up the bug before I went caching again, so I retrieved it, and moved it on someplace else anyway.

I've seen folks have multiple visits to certain caches (find it once, note it on later visits) - in fact TB Hotels and such often get repeat visitors.

IMO if you can move the coin or TB on its mission, I think it's ok to revisit a cache if you intend to help the bug on its way promptly.

JMHO

Jenn