Central American/Guatemala coin?

jAY miLLS

HogwildStuff had a Mexico coin until recently......

Yep I got that Mexico coin. Very nice looking coin and brings back fond memories of the five weeks I spent there when I look at it. Looking for a Guatemala coin for the memories of the eight weeks I spent in Quetzaltenengo or as the Maya call the town Xela (Shay-la). Would like to move to the Chiapas area of Mexico or the western highlands of Guatemala some day if the opportunity presents itself. Anyway that is more info than you wanted or needed but it felt good to me to expound ...... :)

Well, if a Guatemala coin ever does get minted, I'd definitely buy one also! As a rememberance of the time I spent in and around Esquintla :anibad:.

Me also for the time I spent in Panajachel. I would also like to see a El Salvador Geocoin but I would think it is too dangerous to geocache there.

Edited by Tennessee Jed

Well, if a Guatemala coin ever does get minted, I'd definitely buy one also! As a rememberance of the time I spent in and around Esquintla :anibad:.

Me also for the time I spent in Panajachel. I would also like to see a El Salvador Geocoin but I would think it is too dangerous to geocache there.

Oh, I had forgotten about Lake Atitlan.... and driving in Guatemala, what an experience! Thanks for reminding me about Panajachel!

It would be awesome to have a Guatemala coin. I have been putzing around with a drawing for a personal coin relating to Xela, Guatemala just in case I should ever find myself with the funds needed for such a fantasy project. My 8-weeks in Xela was my first trip outside of the U.S. (not including Canada) and it was a life changing experience for me, something I have never experienced before or since. Possibly because it had such a profound effect on my world view and my place in it, as well as my personal attitudes towards and about some of the most simple things in life that I previously took for granted . . . like having clean drinking water out of the faucet just to name one example. It revealed to me to some of the most beautiful scenary and people (Maya) imaginable on one hand :anibad: juxtaposed by exposing some of the most mind numbing poverty one can bear to see on the other. :blink: It brings tears of graditude mixed with tears of shame to my eyes at times. But here I go again, . . . needless to say I love Southern Mexico and sympathize with the Zapatistas :wacko: of the region, and the Western highlands of Guatemala, Xela in particular. The moral of the story for me is to stay off the beaten path and get down where the rubber meets the road to experience the culture, rather than the tourist traps. Sorry for the exposition . . . hope I didn't bore you too much. :anibad: Viva Xela!

Peace

jAY miLLS