Members only Travel Bug

smokingpipe

I am receiving my travel tags any day now. I've heard alot of sad stories about travel bug disappearing from caches. I want to become a Premium Member and thought of something might reduce of disappearing Travel Bugs. What if we put Travel Bugs in a Member Cache only and travel from Member cache to member cache, only. As these coordinates are hidden, only Premium Members can go to them. This should brings down the percent of disapearing travel bugs. Members that pay for this service like to keep sercret things from non members. My opinion, most of cache trashers and travel bug stealers are non members. Unless you become a Premium member, then why pay to steal, unless it turns you on. From my last post here in this section, I am trying to make a better way to keep those bugs going and not be bothered by people who don't care.

There, I said it.

You can request that your Travel Bug be moved between MOC caches only by attaching a tag to the bug that indicates this as a goal, and you can mention it on your bug's page.

Keep in mind that there aren't that many MOC caches, so this might limit how much your bug moves. And the reality is that once you release your TB into the wild, you won't have any real control over what type of caches it goes in. I'd say it's unlikely that the bug will only get moved between MOC caches, no matter what goal you give it.

Alot of cachers out there pay NO attention to what you put on your TB page or any tag that you attach. Most just take it whereever they please. It may help some, but I wouldn't count on it. I have 72 TBs in the wild and my attitude is this, once it is released, it will get loss or stolen. I would also say that most of my TBs that have turned up missing are from caches that are stolen, not from cachers that steal them. A MOC can be stolen like any other.

I say put it out there any way you chose and hope it survives!

Good Luck

Ron

The Justice League of NM