Hollywood Caches

Wolf Grrl

Hi there,

In 2 weeks I'm off to Hollywood for fun. Is there any worth while caches to find?

~Wolf Grrl

I was just in Hollywood earlier this week showing some out of town cachers around. There are 25 caches in the area right around Hollywood and Highland where the Kodak Theater is located. They are mostly spread out but start your search from this virtual, "An American Legend" GCCF88:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...76-44920efe0618

There's a cool multi on the Walk of Fame near Hollywood and Vine called "Walk of Fame." I haven't done it but I hear it's fun to do. Check it out:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...63-3f8f2a8ae36a

And for a bonus cache:

Another View of the Hollywood Sign

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...d5-1018636edf79

This is the CLOSEST you can get to the Hollywood Sign without hiking.

Good luck.

Hi there,

In 2 weeks I'm off to Hollywood for fun. Is there any worth while caches to find?

~Wolf Grrl

And for a bonus cache:

Another View of the Hollywood Sign

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...d5-1018636edf79

This is the CLOSEST you can get to the Hollywood Sign without hiking.

Good luck.

This is not true. While this cache has a nice view of the Hollywood sign, this one Picture Perfect Hollywood Sign (GCQC55) is closer.

Even closer is Hollywood Sign (GCRRFG) but it requires a short hike across some difficult terrain.

Also requiring a hike, but up a paved road, are Hollywood Views (GCGR4G) and DOOWYLLOH (GC32C7), the later being a multi requiring a difficult hike but you can use the hint to get the coordinates for the final. These caches get you above and behind the sign for a unique view of Hollywood.

I would also recommend Eternal Flame - Forest Lawn Hollywood (GC32C7) if you have a few hours to spend visiting the resting place of quite a few motion picture and television stars and an actual physical cache hidden in part of the cemetery away from any graves.

Also check out the caches in Griffith Park nearby. Many are hiking caches but there are a few you can drive up to.

We would also recommend the Picture Perfect Hollywood Sign cache that tozainamboku mentions. The drive up to it is worth it! And the "An American Legend" virtual is nifty; be sure to walk a few hundred feet down the street from there to check out the large mural on the facade of Hollywood HS. There is also a great museum right next door. The Hollywood Bowl has a couple of caches, and the grounds are generally open during the day for free. You can wander the grounds and there is a nice little shop, as well.

A particular favorite of mine is the virtual Atlas (GC3A87), which is in the Hollywood Forever Memorial Park on Santa Monica Blvd. Take some time to wander among the gravesites; many rich and famous, and not-very-famous, are here. And a little south of there is one of the most famous of all virtuals, Tacky x 10 (GC8FE8), which any cacher vacationing in La-la-land has to make time for :(

Amazingly, the amount of pure micro-spew is pretty low in that area. Most of the caches that we've found in that area are well thought-out. The toughest thing is parking. I'd recommend parking in a pay lot, and then walking around. The street characters are generally harmless, and you can't say that you've visited Holly-Weird until you've been "accosted" several times to buy a Map to the Homes of the Stars, or to take a tour of same <_< Have fun!

And if you do Tacky X10 (which you should!), you might want to swing by GCHJWW Remember the Fonz for a look at the Cunningham's house, and GCYBGS Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore for some outstanding camo that has stumped many.

Another fun one, if you don't mind a short hike, is GC8413 - Batman's Bat Cave.