Upload problems 60CSx

tastom

I messed up with costum icons on my GPSr. I tried to restore the factory settings, but it seems not to work properly. So, now I am wondering, how I can get the cache uploads again to be displayed in the Geocache folder, along with the possibility to register the find in the calender and to have the next nearest cache proposed for the hunt. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

tastom

Geocaching mode is really just a special way of sorting and keeping track of waypoints. If you load a waypoint with a Geocaching symbol (by default, a closed treasure chest), then that waypoint will appear when you press FIND » 'Geocache' » ENTR. Pressing these keys lists geocache waypoints you have loaded. (By pressing MENU, you can select 'Find by Name' to show all Geocaches in alphabetical order, or 'Find Nearest' to show the nearest 50 Geocaches.) If you select a geocache, and then press 'Goto', the compass page appears, with a special menu at the bottom, showing 'Found', 'Note', and 'Stop'. You can proceed to the cache, and when found, press the 'Found' button. The GPSr will note your find on the GPS calendar, change the symbol to 'found Geocache' (by default, an open treasure chest) and ask if you would like to find the next nearest cache. Pressing the 'Note' button displays the note entered for the waypoint at the top of the screen. The key then changes to 'Data'. Pressing 'Data' restores the compass screen.

If you've fiddle around with the symbols, make sure that (i) unfound caches show the closed treasure chest symbol; and (ii) the GPSr's Geocaching Mode is set to look for the same symbol. You should then be good to go.

Edited by Sputnik 57

Garmins need the cache icon to be the closed treasure chest for those functions to work properly. Once you mark it as found the cache icon becomes an open treasure chest and can be found in the FIND > WAYPOINTS menu. :rolleyes: ImpalaBob

Not exactly. The icon needs to be whatever you've specified as the default geocaching icon. It may or may not be the treasure chest, depending on if you've changed that setting.

Thank you all for your answers, but my problem is still not solved. I don't get the uploaded Caches (from GSAK or Swisstopo, which is a Swiss mapping software) into the Geocache folder of the the unit. Where can I adjust the settings for this to happen? In my GPSr or in GSAK?

OK..............

Please read carefully.

There is NO geocaching folder.

The unit treats them as Geocaches soley by the icon of the waypoint matching the icon that is shown in the Geocaching setup page on the unit.

Go find this screen

geocachesetup.jpg

The icon in the upper left MUST MATCH the icons that are used for the waypoints that you want treated as Geocaches. You can change the icon from this screen to whatever you want.

From your uploading program, make sure you are choosing the appropriate icon.