GeoTags / Pathtags

Anthus

I just entered a pathtag I found and got this message:

"The serial number you entered is associated with multiple Pathtags. Below, select the Pathtag you wish to add to your collection."

So it seems the "trackable" # on the back isn't unique to the series.

Serial numbers are unique to a profile. When you log your "found" location, you can identify which tag you found where.

I was thinking of getting the path tags but didn't realize that the serial #'s were all the same. how are you supposed to track them? or is everyone just trading them?

Right now I'm having a tough time deciding between the Geotags and Geocoins

Each person gets a serial number for each tag series. For example, if I had 5 different tags, I would have 5 serial numbers. When you create an account on www.pathtags.com, you enter in a home location. If you log a tag, by default, it logs it "from" your home location. If you find it in a cache or elsewhere, you can enter coords to map the finds. Each registered tag owner then gets a map showing their tag array around the country. It's one of my favorite features.

Serial numbers are unique to a profile. When you log your "found" location, you can identify which tag you found where.

Ah so if I were to create two pathtags I would only get one 6 digit # for the backs.
Each person gets a serial number for each tag series. For example, if I had 5 different tags, I would have 5 serial numbers.
Wait then why did I have to choose between the tag I found and another one? :)

Ah so if I were to create two pathtags I would only get one 6 digit # for the backs.
Each person gets a serial number for each tag series. For example, if I had 5 different tags, I would have 5 serial numbers.
Wait then why did I have to choose between the tag I found and another one? :)

When they originally started each person had a serial number and they hadn't really thought about the fact that some would have more than one made, as soon as they saw that happening they started adsigning indiv. numbers to each coin design, you happened to find one of the earliest where you select the picture,

They are now moving "team" tags to individual email / owners so they can see their tags locations around the world and see a list of who has them. Needless to say those of us who have gotten them are hooked, I am anxiously awaiting the "birth" of my newest tag:)

I like the concept but like my Travel bugs I'd like to see the progress of each TB/Coin. Or am I clueless? are they ment to be kept by the finder and not travel from cache to cache?