Proximity Points- CHange Default to ft

azspecter

How do I change the default settings on my proximity points from Miles to ft? I am using Garmin 60csx. Any ideas?
I did some playing with proximity point alarms yesterday, I concluded that feet are NOT an option. The smallest unit is 0.01 miles or ~50 feet. Also, I only got an alarm when I entered or exited this circle, not the point itself.

FWIW

Hermit

How do I change the default settings on my proximity points from Miles to ft? I am using Garmin 60csx. Any ideas?
I did some playing with proximity point alarms yesterday, I concluded that feet are NOT an option. The smallest unit is 0.01 miles or ~50 feet. Also, I only got an alarm when I entered or exited this circle, not the point itself.

FWIW

Hermit

Right- that's what I was figuring out as well. Is there a way to set the default to this 0.01mi instead of 1.00mi? I hate having to change every point's proximity alarm each time I enter one...

FWIW

Hermit

Right- that's what I was figuring out as well. Is there a way to set the default to this 0.01mi instead of 1.00mi? I hate having to change every point's proximity alarm each time I enter one...

Hmmmm - anyone get this worked out yet?

I seem to be having just the opposit problem. I am loading POIs into a Garmin NUVI-350. I don't mind the REDLIGHT CAMERAS being in feet. That makes sense. But there is a limit to feet. It is 200,000 feet, or just over 37 miles. I would like to do 50 miles, or 264,000 feet for some of my POIs. So for those POIs I would prefer to do it in miles too. I have not found a way yet. Any insight?

Thanks.

Mike.