MapSend Topo 3D Install Questions

I just got a brand new sealed MapSend Topo 3D (CD) and during install it works fine, it asks fro the second CD I insert the second CD and it chugs along, then a message pops up sating failed to load a certain library would you like to continue...well of course I would, then it states...missing volume...then fails.

Any ideas??

I installed again and here is the error

The second CD gets to 93% and this error pops up

Failed to copy additional map files

I hit OK

Then it pops up a message saying

The wrong volume in in the drive. Please insert voulme MS3DUS_100_1 into drive E

it gives the option to cancel try again or continue

The volume mentioned is CD 1

So I put CD 1 in and hit try again and then the prompt to install (step 1 ) starts again....

I don't know if this explains your problem, but there was a bad batch of CDs from the publisher of T3D a while ago. I haven't seen the problem surface much of late, but you never know. At any rate, I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I'd either exchange them for another set from the retailer or contact Magellan for replacement.

Any other ideas from anyone??

I would try another pc I suspect your cd player could be on its way out. Some cd players can be pickier than others. If you can access another pc see if you get the same problem..

Ray

Thanks I used a different CD player then my internal CD drive on my laptop, I used a USB drive as the internal would not read the CD itself, I am leaning towards bad media embra had said, but I will try and install on my wifes computer...

Thanks I tried that, it still fails at the same point each time, it gets to 93% done and fails as usual...this really is th pits, now I have to call customer support and do the same things I just did until they decide to send me new media, I have tried this in multiple times on multiple computers

:unsure:

I am glad to see that someone else other than me were having issues with this software. I purchased mine from the Navy Exchange about two months ago. I also thought that it was my drive, but then I got a new laptop and still the same issue. My problem is that it doesn't even ask for disk two or three. It just installs disk one and then says "Installation complete". Any recommendations?

Ok, here's something to try. I purchased Topo 3D on eBay also and it would not install...it got to the 3rd disc or something and would not finish or installing or would not boot up after the install. Magellan did have a batch of bad discs, but supposedly they have that taken care of...Anyhow, I burned a copy of of the cd that gave me fits and then it worked perfectly...

Later

Phil