RONA MS Bike Tour Challenge

JLAM-D

Good afternoon,

The Canada's Capital Cachers / Cacheurs de la capitale du Canada group have formed a team to participate in the 2007 RONA MS Bike Tour from Ottawa to Kemptville this August. We are challenging other Geocaching groups/individuals to participate and help raise funds to find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis.

Click here to find the nearest event in your region.

If you are unable to participate, you can always show your support and make a donation for your regional team, or help us out by make a donation to our team:

MS Bike Tour donation page

Team Name is: Canada's Capital Cachers

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Edited by JLAM-D

Shameless Bump. :anitongue:

Are any other Caching Groups going to form a team for this year MS Tour

The 2007 Canada’s Capital Cachers MS Tour Team, based out of the National Capital Region, currently has strength of eight members and has raised $795.00 in just over one week.

Cheers, <_<

JLAM-D

The NCR group is a bit far from home for me to be jumping in to volunteer, but I'd be more than happy to join any team planning on doing the Brampton to Waterloo course. My bike is already set up for long distance cycling, and I already routinely do 90+km bike trips while geocaching. Being able to enjoy myself while supporting a good cause like MS research would be a bonus, and who knows, I might even be able to get in a little geocaching along the way :-)

Come on cachers!! I would love to see a bike team of cachers in another city. Our team started with one cacher calling a cacher partner who posted a message on the local forum. We now have a team of 10 people in just over 2 weeks and almost $1000 raised! It does not take much to start just a local post or call to a friend. Then host a get together to support the team and you have started. When I looked at how far I rode last summer on caching days it is amazing what you can do when there is just another cache a few 100m away and before I knew it I was biking 40-50 kms, pulling 100lbs (2kids in bike trailer)