Upload Route Request

TheAprilFools

For caching along a route, right now to create a route you can upload a GPX file or a KML file. In addition to that would it be possible to upload a route from a text file that would contain a series of coordinates. Say one point per line, latitude and longitude separated by a comma or a tab.

Example lines:

32.7123, -101.2045

S32 25.921, E 115 46.050

I ask this because I tried to create a route using Garmin MapSource and while it would create a route between the two destinations I chose creating a route that followed all the roads, when I saved it as a GPX file it only recorded the two end points in the route, but if I saved it as a text file it had all the points and it would be easy to extract out the points into a text file.

For caching along a route, right now to create a route you can upload a GPX file or a KML file. In addition to that would it be possible to upload a route from a text file that would contain a series of coordinates. Say one point per line, latitude and longitude separated by a comma or a tab.

Example lines:

32.7123, -101.2045

S32 25.921, E 115 46.050

I ask this because I tried to create a route using Garmin MapSource and while it would create a route between the two destinations I chose creating a route that followed all the roads, when I saved it as a GPX file it only recorded the two end points in the route, but if I saved it as a text file it had all the points and it would be easy to extract out the points into a text file.

Save it as an .mps file and then use GPS Babel to convert it to a GPX 1.1 file. I did that just an hour ago or so.