say Hi to the new guy.

buffalo_photo

I'm new and really excited about getting into this new hobbie sport. I'm a scout leader and really want to take my scouts on some hunts. I don't really know what to expect.

I've tried to search and get some knowledge on everything. The etiquite is something I'm trying to understand. I am trying to figure everything out.

I had heard of Geocaching in the past, but I didn't know how big it was until recently. I had thought that it was mostly centered around national and state parks. I guess I was wrong.

What is the rules on finding coins or Travel bugs? I'm not really 100% sure. Some caches say trade and some don't. What's up? Since I'm new I don't really know what is good trade booty.

What is the rules on finding coins or Travel bugs? I'm not really 100% sure. Some caches say trade and some don't. What's up? Since I'm new I don't really know what is good trade booty.

Geocoins and Travel Bugs are NOT trade items. If you can help toward a goal, pick it up. For all other swag, trade even or trade up. Of course the value of any individual item is in the eye of the beholder. Try to leave something you would want to find.

Oh, and Hi and welcome!

Hi - new guy!!

Travel Bugs are to be moved from cache to cache by a succession of geocachers. Sometimes towards a goal, most of the time just to travel. They are not considered a trade item and if you can help it out feel free to take it along.

I have traded:

• duck tape
  • matchbox cars
  • screwdrivers
  • foriegn coins
  • books
  • cds
  • beanie animals
  • pen pencilsets
  • calculators
  • emergency ponchos
  • emergency blankets