A dumb question about waypoints...

swaninwa

When I look at a cache page, I understand that the coordinates to the cache are a waypoint. BUT, sometimes there are comments about caches having more than one waypoint. Sometimes they are multis sometimes not. A few weeks ago I logged a DNF and the owner asked me if I had trouble finding the first waypoint. I said no, thinking that "Well, I got where I was supposed to go, I just didn't find the cache." But then I got to thinking..."what FIRST waypoint?"

Now, I'm looking at another cache. It's listed as a multi, but only has one waypoint. There is no mention of other clues to other places. It's a "nano" on a streetcorner. It just says it's THERE. However, in the logs there are comments stating "I had no trouble finding the first two waypoints..." and I'm thinking "What????" There was another cache which we FOUND that has mention of more than one waypoint. I don't SEE anyplace where there are other waypoints. I feel really dumb, and I've LOOKED more than once for the answer. I just don't see it. What am I doing wrong??

The street corner nano is this one if that helps...iKingston Nano

In the case of that nano, you find the first container (first waypoint), and that container will hold another set of coords (second waypoint) to another container. So you are given the first, and you use that to find the second. And so on...

Just re-reading what I wrote, I don't know if that will help but thats the best way I can explain it.

Now, I'm looking at another cache. It's listed as a multi, but only has one waypoint. There is no mention of other clues to other places. It's a "nano" on a streetcorner. It just says it's THERE. However, in the logs there are comments stating "I had no trouble finding the first two waypoints..." and I'm thinking "What????" There was another cache which we FOUND that has mention of more than one waypoint. I don't SEE anyplace where there are other waypoints. I feel really dumb, and I've LOOKED more than once for the answer. I just don't see it. What am I doing wrong??

The street corner nano is this one if that helps...iKingston Nano

Well, it is listed as a multi-cache (two yellow boxes icon). That should tell you that there are at least two waypoints.

Traditional caches (green box icon) only have onw waypoint.

Thanks guys! Maybe it IS just a regular multi and I'm over-thinking it. Previous multi's I've done explained better in their descriptions that they WERE in fact multis, and had other obvious clues or waypoints (such as a graveyard cache has headstone waypoints). I reread the other one I had mentioned and I'm thinking it's the same -- I guess it's the cache descriptions that threw me. My husband wants to give this one a shot today and then perhaps I'll find out. I prefer caches in parks and less busy areas myself, but we have a couple of those to find today too...

It's 30 degrees here today but we're gonna bundle up and go for it (brrr!) Thanks again for your comments, have a great day!

:ph34r: