pocket query what is it?

nittek

PQs allow you to download as many as 500 caches in one swoop. You can use selection criteria such as above, or below a certain difficulty/terrain, size container, type of cache. You can run a PQ to get the caches nearest to a certain Zipcode, another cache or selected coordinates.

So for instance if I'm traveling to another town on business and want do do some caching, I can use the coordinates of the hotel and get the nearest 100 caches to the hotel. If I'm pressed for time I can eliminate multis and caches over 3 stars terrain and difficulty (or whatever threshold I set).

PQs can come with the cache page info, so I can also load them to my PDA and I will have the cache pages for all the caches loaded to my GPS.

I just started using pocket queries last week. I love it!

I wanted to go out caching and see how many I could find in a day. So I did a querie that told me all the 1/1 caches in a certain area (Maine). 1 for terrain and 1 for difficulty. That way I was only doing the easy ones that were mainly handicap accessible and close to parking. I ended up finding 46 caches that day.

I also did a PQ on 500 regular cache placements excluding the multi's and downloaded them to my GPS. So now I have 500 cache coordinates in my GPS and it uploaded to my GPS in just 5 seconds. Can you imagine how long it would take me to upload 500 cache coords into my GPS?! This saves alot of time.

I recommend PQ'S!

I use EasyGPS. It's free and you upload your PQ's into the program. Then you upload the waypoints/coords into your GPS.

It might sound complicated but its really easy. If I can do it...anyone can :laughing: