Revisit a cache?

kaoss kanpers

you should "write a note" and everything should be cool. i revisited a cache that i once found alone and when i went back to it i brought my daughter, i pretended to not know anything so she could find it herself ( of course i gave her hints and pointed her in the right direction!!) but i told her the GPS was telling me where the cache is !! shes 5 years old so she bought it !!!

anyway my daughter took an item and replaced it with another, i did not sign the log since i had already signed it the first time i found the cache.. but i did write a note stating what my kid took and replenished and why i didnt sign the log !!

Is it alright to revisit a Cache you already logged as a find say if there is a TB in it you want to retrieve. I figure its alright if you log the TB as a retrieved from and not a found cache again. Im i right????

As long as you don't log it as a Find (use the Note option), it's fine.

Yep.

GC does not not forbid multiple found entries on a single cache. It is generally frown upon, but cachers have done it, especially at events when there are temp caches placed as part of the event.

Caches sometimes get moved; so, a multiple find could be justified.

I say apply the "community standards" principle - do what the local cachers do.

I'll re-visit a cache if I see a bug or coin that hasn't moved in a while. I'll also re-visit a cache if I have a trackable I need to drop. It's sometimes more convenient to hit a cache you can get to quickly. Log notes to record your activity. Leaving info about the cache is always appreciated by its owner too. :laughing:

What do you mean "log notes"? IE --- click on the "Log Your Visit" link and then select the "Write Note" option? Does that bump up your "found cache counter" when you do that?

I'll re-visit a cache if I see a bug or coin that hasn't moved in a while. I'll also re-visit a cache if I have a trackable I need to drop. It's sometimes more convenient to hit a cache you can get to quickly. Log notes to record your activity. Leaving info about the cache is always appreciated by its owner too. :laughing:

What do you mean "log notes"? IE --- click on the "Log Your Visit" link and then select the "Write Note" option? Does that bump up your "found cache counter" when you do that?

Nope. Only smileys increase your find count. That's why the option is there.

I've seen where owners relocate the cache using the same listing and explicitly state that it is OK to re-log. You can either ask before hand if it doesn't state it or just go ahead and log it and let it be known that it's a second find and you don't mind deleting if the owner doesn't want it there.

There have been cases with my own caches that it's been six plus months without a find and I will log a find when I do a maintanence visit just to let people quickly see that it's still out there.

-PD

How about visting a cache that has been relocated? You have already found it in it's old location. Is it ok to claim a find if you find it in it's new location?

Birdman2

The owner will often post a message as to whether or not it's ok. Even if it's in a different location, you have an advantage, since you know what the container looks like, and what type of hide was used before (and might be used again).

Edited by Prime Suspect