logging Geocoin

nixno9

I found a geocoin in a cache,but whoever dropped it did not log it in that cache,now it won't let me log it as found in that cache and also,when I dropped it in a different cache it won't let me log it as dropped ....need to know how I can change all that...please help...TY

If it's trackable you should be able to use the tracking number to grab it into your inventory from wherever it is. I would then write a note for the cache where you found it and "drop" it in the cache online so that stop in its journey shows up. Then when you grab it again it should show as coming out of the cache, and you can log it into the cache where you put it.

Was the coin in another person's inventory when you looked online, or in another cache? If it was in a cacher's inventory they may have dropped it on vacation or something and not had chance to log it yet as being there.

If it's trackable you should be able to use the tracking number to grab it into your inventory from wherever it is. I would then write a note for the cache where you found it and "drop" it in the cache online so that stop in its journey shows up. Then when you grab it again it should show as coming out of the cache, and you can log it into the cache where you put it.

Was the coin in another person's inventory when you looked online, or in another cache? If it was in a cacher's inventory they may have dropped it on vacation or something and not had chance to log it yet as being there.

Here is the info it was the silver california geocoin...I went to log it and and all it let me do was discover it not let me retrieve it from the port of olympia cache...the coin TB15T4H....in the log arear it says " grab it from DUBYA DEE"

Edited by nixno9

Here is the info it was the silver california geocoin...I went to log it and and all it let me do was discover it not let me retrieve it from the port of olympia cache...the coin TB15T4H....in the log arear it says " grab it from DUBYA DEE"

The coin is still showing in the previous cachers inventory. You can do one of two things. Wait for that cacher to log the cache and drop the coin OR you can grab it from that cacher, drop it into the cache yourself via logging a note, and then retrieving the coin again - this time it should show as being in the cache you found it in.

"grab from Dubya dee" would put it in your invertory. It lists that option because it currently is listed as in the hands of Dubya Dee. You can grab it, then do as islander suggests abouve to credit it the miles, then drop it where you put it (assuming you still have the tracking number). If you don't have the tracking number, you can't log it.

I found a geocoin in a cache,but whoever dropped it did not log it in that cache,now it won't let me log it as found in that cache and also,when I dropped it in a different cache it won't let me log it as dropped ....need to know how I can change all that...please help...TY

Thanks nixno9! This is one of our coins...we got it logged into the right cache!

Edited by coreynjoey

Thanks nixno9! This is one of our coins...we got it logged into the right cache!

you're welcome,still new with all this and did not want it to get lost ..thanks for doing that