Map security Error! aAAhhh!

jubatus69

Im now having problems loading maps on to my unit!!!

I save regions to my SD card through a reader, The unit does list the detailed maps that i uploaded but then when trying to activate the map in the unit I get a map security error!! Does any one have any ideas. I looked on the Magellan web site. and it mentioned something about renaming (this was the key to loading more than 1 region on to the SD card)so i tried that and it does also list the renamed maps when trying to activate but still im getting the ERROR!! even when trying to activate both renamed and non-renamed maps. Please help!!

and where is this Power Users section on the magellan web site.

Im now having problems loading maps on to my unit!!!

I save regions to my SD card through a reader, The unit does list the detailed maps that i uploaded but then when trying to activate the map in the unit I get a map security error!! Does any one have any ideas. I looked on the Magellan web site. and it mentioned something about renaming (this was the key to loading more than 1 region on to the SD card)so i tried that and it does also list the renamed maps when trying to activate but still im getting the ERROR!! even when trying to activate both renamed and non-renamed maps. Please help!!

and where is this Power Users section on the magellan web site.

i finally have mine working through the reader and the transfer cable. Double check your serial from the about area and not the # under the battery.

What program are you using to load the programs onto it?

What age are these maps? Older Mapsend packages?

Magellan switched from one type of processor to another, and this is where the problems come from. Look for img to imi conversion. Try this site:

http://msh-tools.com/exploristmsend.html

This will allow MobileMapper Office to refer directly to your Mapsend Packages and convert them accordingly to the correct Magellan format.

I'm now a happy Magellan user with a "Map Security Error" Problem. Everything I have is registered with Magellan and I get this stupid problem. Customers who pay for, and are legit, should not have their equipment rendered useless by the damned copy protection software.

I have no idea how to get this solved.

Edited by 7

I'm not sure if I can help, but here goes:

I use Mapsend Topo 3D USA v. 1.00. I go into Mapsend & create my region, then save to my hard drive. Then I connect the Explorist to the computer & use Windows Explorer to drag the file to Explorist SD card. Mapsend will create the .imi file automatically. This file is "branded" with the serial number that you put in when you save the file to the hard drive. So this file will only work with an Explorist with that serial number. I've found that the Mapsend will let you alternate between two serial numbers, that's it. So I can use the program for my 500 & 210.

I recently had the Map Security error for the first time just a couple of weeks ago...i had nothing else on the card anyway, so i formatted the card and resent the map from mapsend again...same error...reformatted again, resent, and now no error...works fine, and haven't had the error message since...could it be trouble with the card itself?

This may sound dumb, but recheck to make sure your serial # is correct on the mapsend. I had the same problem and it was because I put in the serial # from the gps unit wrong. Hope that helps.

This is either due to a bad USB-connection (disturbed by either a program or other USB units) or a failure to type in the correct serialnumber of your gpsr. The electronic serial is the one to use, not the one on the sticker.

I've been having the same problems with my Explorist 400. Im using Mapsend DirectRoute NA and Mapsend Topo 3D USA. Ive confirmed that Ive got the right serial number from the "about" menu. Each of the programs output the correct .imi format but they will not initialize on my explorist. I get "map security error" every time I try to use "active setup" to select the map. Im lost...