Perfect GC GPS

Rhialto

I know many state 60Cx(CSx) are among the perfect unit for GC but I'm looking for a little more.

What I would like is choose a cache on the GPS then also get voice direction as I drive close to the spot. So the unit will also be usefull in a car if I'm not going to find a cache but find an address.

So basically it is a 60 x series but with voice direction. And any enhancement specifically for GC while we are redesigning it. Lastly, why not a MP3 player so while driving or walking you can also enjoy listening to music.

If it already exist then let me know... was even thinking of the zumo but from what I'm reading it is really not the best for GC.

GPS competition is taking off and will be hot in 2007 with many new players! Wonder what Garmin will have to offer.

What I would like is choose a cache on the GPS then also get voice direction as I drive close to the spot. So the unit will also be usefull in a car if I'm not going to find a cache but find an address.

So basically it is a 60 x series but with voice direction. And any enhancement specifically for GC while we are redesigning it. Lastly, why not a MP3 player so while driving or walking you can also enjoy listening to music.

As long as we're starting a wish list why stop at voice direction? I think the GPS should be able to actually drive the car. As long as it has the cache data anyway it should be able to go find the cache while I sit in my recliner at home having a beer. The GPSr wouldn't need an MP3 player as long as I'm not with it anyway, so that can be replaced by a pen (or rather, a mechanical pencil here in Mn because pens freeze.) The GPSr can log the cache and then find its way back to the car because it auto-marked a waypoint where it parked. I would have forgotten to do that. As the GPSr already has several liquor stores in its POI data base, it should be a simple programming addition to get it to pick up another six pack on the way home.

(Sorry--couldn't resist) B):ph34r:

I use a Pocket PC. I overlay all the cache icons on the voice promted mapopolis autonavigation system maps. Click on the icon once to get info about the cache like type, D/T, miles from home, cache type, etc. Hold the icon, hit navigate to, and Mapoplis provides voice turn-by-turn driving directions.