Help with my new explorist 210

On my explorist, everyonce in the while I see where it says cache hints.

I can't duplicate where I find this and I don't see any mention in the LIT

Plus when I do higlight hints , its always empty

any help is much appreciated.

You can view the hints and cache info when you put the cursor on the cache icon on the map. I think you can do it from the file system too (new software update for the 210 changes this). The reason the hint is always blank is because you have to manually enter it in using the Magellan Geocache Manager software provided with your GPSr. The only thing the file contains when you download it from the website is the name and location I believe. Difficulty, terrain, and hint are not included. This is why I take my laptop with me geocaching. Save the webpage to file and solves these little issues. Hope this helps a bit.

If you use GSAK, the program will automagically include the hints in the exported Geocaching POI .gs file. It reads the hint from the GPX file, so you don't have to do any typing.

If you are using .loc files as your source of cache data, you will have to manually enter the hint as said by JTA. The OP, however, is a premium member and has access to GPX files and pocket queries.