Coin is Back!

samirsky

PRAISE: I wanted to let you know that a geocoin of mine is back in circulation after MIA for over a YEAR! I am so excited.

When new to geocaching, my first hitchhiker purchase was a few TB's and a few geocoins. The coins (2 of 3) quickly went missing. I guessed that many like to collect these coins, and they probably aren't the best purchase if I want to enjoy watching them travel. Perhaps that is not completely true, but it was my perception.

If you have felt the same way, I just wanted to give you some hope. Christine 63 is back in action after being gone for over a year.

cache on,

samirsky

Yup, not everyone is out to get a TB/coin. Some just forget them in their swag bags. I've lost someone else's bug and have one of mine linger for a year before being released again and more than a few MIAs. It happens. Glad to see you got yours back in circulation.

Did you have to implore the last finder about your traveller?

Edited by Droo

Did you have to implore the last finder about your traveller?

When it showed up again, I didn't say a word. I figured "What good would it do?" Make someone admit to collecting it, or that they forgot about it in the back of their truck? I didn't want to embarrass anyone, I was just glad it was back.

The new finder emailed me and said he would be traveling to the coins destination goal soon. He asked if I wanted him to put it back in a cache quickly or hold on to it so it could achieve its goal. I wanted to see it travel, so I said "Set it free!"

It has moved a few times since then. I wanted to share this success story with everyone.

When it showed up again, I didn't say a word.

G'day

I reckon a simple thanks wouldn't go astray. Can't do any harm surly? You don't have to say any more than that.

I am rapidly coming to the view that maybe part of the problems we sometimes have with travel bugs moving or rather not moving is that owners so frequently take no obvious interest in their trackables until they go "missing." I have moved lots of bugs and coins and made a real effort where possible to meet the objectives. I have rarely received a thanks from an owner, yet is something that is cheap, easy and nice to do and would be encouraging I am sure. That said it hasn't personally stopped me from doing the right thing but then I believe in karma :anitongue: .

I now make an effort to thank privately and publicly as appropriate cachers who move my trackables, who move them according to the objectives who and post photos. I actively follow my trackables.

Just a thought.

Glad your coin is back in circulation.

Andrew

Edited by Aushiker
When it showed up again, I didn't say a word.

G'day

I reckon a simple thanks wouldn't go astray. Can't do any harm surly? You don't have to say any more than that.

I am rapidly coming to the view that maybe part of the problems we sometimes have with travel bugs moving or rather not moving is that owners so frequently take no obvious interest in their trackables until they go "missing." I have moved lots of bugs and coins and made a real effort where possible to meet the objectives. I have rarely received a thanks from an owner, yet is something that is cheap, easy and nice to do and would be encouraging I am sure. That said it hasn't personally stopped me from doing the right thing but then I believe in karma :anitongue: .

I now make an effort to thank privately and publicly as appropriate cachers who move my trackables, who move them according to the objectives who and post photos. I actively follow my trackables.

Just a thought.

Glad your coin is back in circulation.

Andrew

I agree completely. I enjoy thanking other cachers. I thanked the cacher that grabbed my MIA geocoin in my reply to him.

What I didn't do after it showed up is email the last cacher who had it for a year, who is NOT the same cacher who 'grabbed it' and put it back into the wild. I didn't see the point in that.

I have thanked other cachers for moving my TB's, logging my caches, and trading-up so well. Just the other day a cacher from TX left a very flattering log which I felt compelled to email and thank him.

As you, I also very much believe in giving praise (generously).