GSAK waypoints question?

Newdogg

Hi

You should be able to upload .LOC files to GSAK. It is the first option in FILE. Load GPX/LOC... (Ctrl+O)Also checked the help file and it says you can load .LOC files. Maybe you need to reload your program

This below is the first two FAQ on the GSAK website:

1. I have just installed GSAK, the cache screen looks empty, now what do I do?

You need to add records to the database in order to do anything useful with GSAK. The easiest way to do this is to load a GPX or LOC file (File=>Load GPX/LOC) from geocaching.com. There is a file called "sample.GPX" in the install folder of GSAK you can load to take GSAK for a test drive. You can also add your own waypoints manually if you prefer (Waypoint=>Add)

2. I loaded a file from geocaching.com, but GSAK looks nothing like your screen shot - information is missing and there are no logs. What's up?

The free LOC files from geocaching.com contain very limited information and you really only get about 10% use out of GSAK with these files. The best source of caching data for GSAK is by far the GPX file format from geocaching.com. Note you need to be a premium member to get GPX files from geocaching.com. If you would like to get an idea of what the extra information is in these files, you can load the file "sample.GPX" which you will find in the install folder of GSAK. For a good tutorial on how to set up PQs from Geocaching.com please see this link