Going Back to a Cache for a TB

Digital Mind

Hi All,

New to geocaching, so far found 7-8 (6 of which without a GPS that I now got for xmas) I'm kind of anxious to come across a TB and move it along to a future cache I find. Here is my question. Lets say one of the cache's i've already found (that is nearby) has a TB in it (after i've found it) Is it wrong to go back, resign the log, take the TB and pass it along to another cache (or whatever you're supposed to do with that particular TB)

???

Thanks and happy holidays !!

Digital Mind

not at all. I did that trying to find jeeps a few times (unsuccessfully)

someone here was kind enough to send some for me to pass along, and people had gone to the caches I dropped them in specifically to pick up or "discover" them. a couple of the comments have been that those people had never seen jeeps either before then! :laughing:

edit: just log the future visits as "notes" instead of "found" or some people here will get annoyed with you.

Edited by Bad_CRC

Welcome to the addiction!

It is absolutely NOT wrong to go back to get a travel bug for the purpose of moving it to another cache. Travel bugs (and their cousin the geocoin) are meant to move toward a goal which has been set by its owner. If you can help one get closer to its goal, then go right ahead and do it. Also, travel bugs are not considered trade items, they're more like hitch hikers. This means you don't have to place anything in the cache as a trade item for them, just help move them along. Signing the log book each time is a good idea so future visitors know you took the item and intend to move it and they will know it hasn't been stolen.

What you probably want to avoid doing is logging the cache as "found" on your second and any additional trips. For those, just select the "write note" option when logging the cache on the web site.

Hope it helps and "Welcome to Geocaching!"

When I was just a tadpole, the very first cache I discovered had a TB in it. I didn't know what the heck there were... I just saw the "Do Not Keep Me" tag and left it there. Then I went home, did some research, figured out what the little fella was all about and discovered he had a goal to get pictures. So, since I like that sorta thing, I went back and fetched him, took him on a little adventure, got lots of pics and posted them, and then moved him along. I had a lot of fun on that quest. I don't see any harm in going back for them as long as they're properly logged and then moved on.

Nerissa