Blank Search page

team h-d

sorry about that. blank as in totally white, no borders or anything. it usually happens after i try to hot sync my palm, and sunrise updates all the pages. i usually get about 6 or so updated, then the rest are all "blank". whrn i log into GC.com again and do a search, the next page is blank

It sounds like you are actively scraping the cache pages off of Geocaching.com, in violation of the terms of use. You are encountering the "throttle" that kicks in to slow down screen scrapers.

To build your offline database, use pocket queries. Then, you shouldn't run into throttling issues.

EDIT: to note that the OP is not a premium member. Many of us pay for what you are trying to do for free.

Edited by The Leprechauns

It sounds like you are actively scraping the cache pages off of Geocaching.com, in violation of the terms of use. You are encountering the "throttle" that kicks in to slow down screen scrapers.

To build your offline database, use pocket queries. Then, you shouldn't run into throttling issues.

EDIT: to note that the OP is not a premium member. Many of us pay for what you are trying to do for free.

I can't speak for the OP, but I am a premium member, and I am not 'page scraping', but I am experiencing similar issues when I click on the "Search for nearest caches from your home coordinates (filter out finds)" link from the "http://www.geocaching.com/my/" page. There were 10 new caches just published recently (within the past hour) , and now if you click on this link: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...84.5615&f=1 , only 10 show where 20 used to be. If you click on the 'next page' button, you can see the next 20 closest ones (#21-40)

I suspect it has to do with the fact that the 10 new caches that aren't showing up (even though they are counted) all have 7-digit GCcodes instead of 6. In a case where a seek request results in 20 caches with 7-digit codes, I can see it being a 'blank' page, which really means a page that has everything except the 20 lines of query detail.