New option for printing a cache page.

PilotMan

Just a thought, I don't know if this has been proposed before, but as an option for printing a cache page, other than choosing 0, 5, or 10 logs to be printed along with the page, would be like an index card sized printout option with all the basic info like the coords, brief description, hint, or whatever. I like having the info with me when I go caching, but I don't like wasting an entire page of paper when I print a cache page, and I am much too lazy to write all of it down on a scrap paper. :(

Just a thought, I don't know if this has been proposed before, but as an option for printing a cache page, other than choosing 0, 5, or 10 logs to be printed along with the page, would be like an index card sized printout option with all the basic info like the coords, brief description, hint, or whatever. I like having the info with me when I go caching, but I don't like wasting an entire page of paper when I print a cache page, and I am much too lazy to write all of it down on a scrap paper. :(

You would still have to print out this on a full sheet of paper would you not? I like the idea though even though I cache paperless.

Both my browser and my printer give me that option. It's not something the website needs to offer. Play with your browser and printer options, I bet it's there.

I'm not talking about printing the entire cache page minus the logs onto an index card. I know how to do that. I'm talking about an option that has only a few bits of info on it, like: Name of cache, coords, description, hint w/ hint key. Something along those lines.

Third party tools like GPSBabel, GSAK, and such let you slice and dice your PQs in a variety of ways. I remember experimenting with GPSBabel on a real-world mix of caches (Lep's example would break the average) and getting something like 50 caches on a single piece of paper without much pain.

In general, if you have a choice between relying on the site to do something for you and being able to get what you want with pocket queries and external tools, the latter is likely to bring more immediate satisfaction.