Tomtom Navigator 5 on Pocket Pc ?

dgc808

Hi all, I have just recently bought a Compaq Ipaq Pocket Pc to do paperless caching, i have got the usual installed in it (CacheMate, Memory Map v5) and i have been trying for a couple of days now to get Tomtom Navigator 5 to run on it. I have finally got the software running on it BUT ! I am wanting to use a (Navman 3400 GPSr Jacket) as my Pocket Pc is not bluetooth. But when setting up the GPSr side of things it ask's if i am using NMEA cable this is the only none (Tomtom/bluetooth) option. It then lists Navman GPSr in the list of hardware so i chose that option, but i can not get a signal from any satelites. So i want to know if it is possible to use the Navman 3400 GPSr Jacket and Tomtom software together without the need for a external antenna. Ay help greatly received.

Cheers DGC808

Not really a teckie but if you are running Memory map...does that work with the satellites.....?

If so you may have the same problem I had e.g. the Pocket PC can only deal with one program running at once....

So you may need GPSgate...... It is a program that basically splits the GPS signal into two so you can use both programs at once !

As I said I am not a teckie... but this might help !

Without GPSGate running I cannot get GPS signal on the second program !

HH