Transfering City Navigator to 60csx

boiseduo

Hi there

So my City Navigator v8 is supposed to be delivered today. Is there anything I should know about transfering the entire content over (maybe except Hawaii and Canada) to my 60csx (I have a 2GB card)? Is it pretty straightforward? Are you able to select by state to transfer over, in case I wanted to leave some states off for the time being?

TIA!

Hi there

So my City Navigator v8 is supposed to be delivered today. Is there anything I should know about transfering the entire content over (maybe except Hawaii and Canada) to my 60csx (I have a 2GB card)? Is it pretty straightforward? Are you able to select by state to transfer over, in case I wanted to leave some states off for the time being?

TIA!

Just know it will be rather long ( about 1 minute for 10 Mb ). The whole 960 Mb of my 1 Gb card took a couple of hours to be uploaded but it works great.

There is perhaps a faster way ?

Regards,

Put the card in an external high speed usb card reader/writer instead of doing the upload through the GPS. That shaves a couple hours off and most of the microSDs are coming with the carriers that let them be plugged into commonplace SD reader/writers.

Thanks fot the tip but how to transfer directly to the SD reader if Mapsource does not find any SD card into the GPS Unit ??

Hi there

TIA!

Use the Region tool to select what areas you want to upload. The regions don't necessarily follow state lines, and their are many regions within a state (well, at least in Texas there are).

Thanks fot the tip but how to transfer directly to the SD reader if Mapsource does not find any SD card into the GPS Unit ??

Do not connect the GPS. Put the card in a reader and Mapsource will come up with the reader as an option for a location to transfer maps when you select "send to GPS".

Hi there

TIA!

Turn off any power saver settings that shut off hard drives or put the system in standby mode. Right-click on your Windows desktop and select Properties from the pop-up menu. Select the Screensaver tab, then the Power settings. If you don't do this the system may go into standby before the transfer is complete.

Do not connect the GPS. Put the card in a reader and Mapsource will come up with the reader as an option for a location to transfer maps when you select "send to GPS".

Thanks for the tip, it works fine and really faster than through the GPS !

Edited by fontaine