Must do caches in FT Bliss/El Paso, TX area

BilboB

Hey everyone,

In a few months I am coming home from Iraq after a year. I am going to be at FT Bliss, El Paso, TX for about a week (I might be pursuaded to stay an extra day for a really good cache).

I am not looking for 5/5 caches. I am looking for scenery, beauty, history. 3/3 is no problem for me. I am not partial to micros, but it it is good, I will attempt it.

Let me know what you think. I fly into FT Bliss on my way home to Vermont in April. Hiking caches would be a definate plus. I will bump this every now and then for some more feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

aka BilboB

If you are DEMOBING at Bliss it might take a few evasive maneuvers to get off base to do your caching. While there I was surprised to learn there wasn’t close to Cattleman’s (eat a good steak for me, please). If you can get off base and have a little time remember you are close to the state line, swing by and get one in New Mexico. Can’t help you select any but check out the Military Cacher’s site. They have a TDY section that may help you connect to a local to get out and about and find a few.

My son is in Iraq now and we're going to El Paso to visit Daughter-In-Law and hoping to do some caches in the area. We hope to be there about 4 weeks over Christmas and into January. We'll be checking this thread as well for listings of good caches in the area.....

Also thinking of a trip to Roswell NM.

Thanks, JBDiver

I grabbed a couple while out there, but really couldn't steer anyone to the must do. El Paso is so close to the NM border it would be a shame to not grab at lest one while there. Also you could go down into Mexico, but it was off limits when I was there so I have zero intel as to what is available. Rosewell is a fun place to go. Went there prior to my geo days. Half the town says the ufo stories are true, the other half say they are not. At night the the more colorful visitors start to appear. Think about Carlsbad Caverns also. Beautiful place.