Etrex Venture CX connection to PC Problems

mbbaumann

:surprise: I cannot figure out how to get my Garmin Etrex Venture CX to connect to my computer. I am getting ready to head north from Virginia to retrieve my son from college in New York and I thought I would break up the trip by hitting a couple of caches along the way. I have loaded drivers but the thing is not recognized by my HP Media Center. My frustration is reaching my limit. Any suggestions from the smarter folks out there that have tamed there Garmins and made them interface properly with the home computer? Michael

I had problems getting my computer to recognize my Venture Cx as well. It seems that it is not enough to just run the driver install program. You have to manually locate the driver and show the computer where it is. Here is a previous post I wrote on topic:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...p;#entry2453421

Also if you update the firmware on your gps you may need to repeat this process

I had problems getting my computer to recognize my Venture Cx as well. It seems that it is not enough to just run the driver install program. You have to manually locate the driver and show the computer where it is. Here is a previous post I wrote on topic:

Good post. I had the same issue. I spoke to Garmin PC support and they walked me through finding where my drivers were installed and how to manually have them recognized. The thread linked above describes the process I went through.

I was extremely frustrated as well but once I got this squared away, I couldn't be happier with the Venture.

Good post. I had the same issue. I spoke to Garmin PC support and they walked me through finding where my drivers were installed and how to manually have them recognized. The thread linked above describes the process I went through.

I was extremely frustrated as well but once I got this squared away, I couldn't be happier with the Venture.

:) I cannot figure out how to get my Garmin Etrex Venture CX to connect to my computer. I am getting ready to head north from Virginia to retrieve my son from college in New York and I thought I would break up the trip by hitting a couple of caches along the way. I have loaded drivers but the thing is not recognized by my HP Media Center. My frustration is reaching my limit. Any suggestions from the smarter folks out there that have tamed there Garmins and made them interface properly with the home computer? Michael

Thanks to everyone that replied. I followed your suggestions and I am in business. I found the drivers, directed my computer to them and I am up and running. Just in time to go to NY and pick up my son from college.

Thanks so much, I would not have gotten to the answer so quickly without you.

Michael

:D

Was frustrated trying to connect my laptop to my Venture Cx. Glad I ran across your post. I followed your directions, the problem is solved.

What a great help this forum is...Thank you!