Feature request - virtual cryptex

PlaidPirate

Following up on this thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=150770

When creating a new puzzle cache, I would like to see a feature where the hider would have an option for a answer verifier. The simplest version of this would mean only adding two new fields. One, is the the answer to the puzzle. The second is the reply if the finder gets the answer right.

One the cache goes live, the finder would have a field where they could type in and submit there answer, if correct, it would display the reply..it could be the coordinates, another piece of the puzzle, whatever.

If you wanted to expand upon that, you could have multiple questions possible. The reply could include visual clues like pictures in addition to text.

I wanted to follow up here so that there would be a better chance that a groudspeak person would read it.

For the most basic version, the code could be a very simple html/php form.

I am new cacher, but love even the idea of puzzle caches and would love to see them expanded.

Thanks for you time.

try www.geochecker.com

Two problems with geochecker.com.

One, it only checks coordinates, where I would like something that checks answers to puzzles. A very, very simple example would be something like. "All ______ lead to Rome", and the finder would be able to put in "Roads" and get a reply.

Two, its an outside website. While it might be ok for geochecker.com, because it is only verifying that you got the coords right (you still have your answer), but for going beyond that it potentially becomes a problem. Again, using the example above, entering "Roads" might get your a reply that is the coordinates to the cache. But what if the website is down, or the owner decides to shut the site down, then the cache becomes broken.

My original intention was to create my own website for people to use to do this, but the above issue was mentioned, so I thought that since it was a pretty simple idea that it could be incorporated into GC.com's features.

try www.geochecker.com

Two problems with geochecker.com.

One, it only checks coordinates, where I would like something that checks answers to puzzles. A very, very simple example would be something like. "All ______ lead to Rome", and the finder would be able to put in "Roads" and get a reply.

Two, its an outside website. While it might be ok for geochecker.com, because it is only verifying that you got the coords right (you still have your answer), but for going beyond that it potentially becomes a problem. Again, using the example above, entering "Roads" might get your a reply that is the coordinates to the cache. But what if the website is down, or the owner decides to shut the site down, then the cache becomes broken.

My original intention was to create my own website for people to use to do this, but the above issue was mentioned, so I thought that since it was a pretty simple idea that it could be incorporated into GC.com's features.

in reality all you should need to know is if the coordinates are correct.... if they are not recheck your puzzle....