GPSMAP 60Cx problems after upgrade

bdanek

Hi,

I just updated my 60Cx to software 3.00 and gps 2.90. Now when I am moving along with the map page showing, the map jumps around by 30-45 degrees every few seconds, as if it's hunting for my location. My track is correct (I can reverse my route and it tracks perfectly along the path I took on the map). It's just the direction jumping around that is annoying.

Has this happend to anyone else?

Is there a way to roll back the software?

Thanks.

Change the map from "Track up" to "North up" and it will be fine. (Menu - Setup Map - Orientation)

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that and it still does the same thing. It also has the problem on the compass page. The compass is constantly moving.

It's as if your looking at a map and someone is turning the map CW and CCW with your position in the middle staying fixed.

Hi,

I just updated my 60Cx to software 3.00 and gps 2.90. Now when I am moving along with the map page showing, the map jumps around by 30-45 degrees every few seconds, as if it's hunting for my location. My track is correct (I can reverse my route and it tracks perfectly along the path I took on the map). It's just the direction jumping around that is annoying.

Has this happend to anyone else?

Is there a way to roll back the software?

Thanks.

Do a reset.

Hi,

How do I go about doing a reset? I checked the user manual and there is a referece to a "factory reset" in the startup times, but nothing on how to actually do any kind of reset.

Thanks.

If the map is jumping around, it sure does sound like the map is set to Track Up. Check that again to make sure it's on North up (i know you already did that, but just in case you missed it, it's worth another look).

When I switch to North up, the jumping does subside, but then the cursor jumps around. It still doesn't help when in the compass mode. I should be able to use the device in any mode I want without this happening, don't you agree?

My point of the post is that there seems to be a problem with the new software, at least in my unit.

Does your unit do this when in Track up mode with the latest software or is the display nice and steady?