Is this the cache?

I just wanted to share an experience I had today while caching. Below is my log entry on a cache called - Key to success. This cache is located on a college campus.

---

WOW! This one goes down in my "weird caching experiences". I did not look to see if this cache was still there or read the logs before going to find it. We just saw there was a nearby cache and went for it. I was having trouble finding the cache around GZ so I spread my search out. About 40 feet maybe from GZ I saw a tree that had fallen over and I thought - found it! I walked over and looked in the base and there it was, a nice little wooden box. Hmmm, this box has a marijuana leaf on top. Hahaha I thought, "key to success"? For some I guess... Anyways I opened up the box and looked around but no log. Only a pipe, lighter, a strong pot smell, and some other pot related things. On the inside of the lid it said "take one".

I thought, this is the weirdest cache I have ever found! I passed on taking anything and left nothing either! I put the "cache" back where I found it. Is this a new type of geocaching? potcaching.com?

Thanks for the "fun" experience. I guess this one is a DNF.

---

Has anyone else ever thought they found a cache but found something else instead?

Well I guess I wrote something wrong because the owner of the cache deleted my log. I was just trying to make a bad situation funny. I had thought about reporting the box to campus security but it was a Saturday evening and I really did not want to have to explain what I was doing out there.

I guess people might have read my log and tried finding that box.

Hmmm, if this is the cache it has been archived since October, which would explain a)why you're not finding it, and b)why it was archived... :rolleyes:

Yea that is it. I am not real good at printing out cache pages before looking. We download the caches and when we are in an area we look for whatever is around there. Most of the time we can find them. I try to write down the name of those that are temp. archived, puzzles, and multis to avoid those. This one slipped through.

We all make mistakes sometimes.

Hmmm, if this is the cache it has been archived since October, which would explain a)why you're not finding it, and b)why it was archived... :rolleyes:

Yea that is it. I am not real good at printing out cache pages before looking. We download the caches and when we are in an area we look for whatever is around there. Most of the time we can find them. I try to write down the name of those that are temp. archived, puzzles, and multis to avoid those. This one slipped through.

It's cool man. Do you happen to have a PDA? I find it's alot easier to download the GPX files to the PDA and take it with me than it is to print page after page out...it sure is handy to look at the screen and have the entire page right there in front of you, including hints, etc...

It's cool man. Do you happen to have a PDA? I find it's alot easier to download the GPX files to the PDA and take it with me than it is to print page after page out...it sure is handy to look at the screen and have the entire page right there in front of you, including hints, etc...

I have a palm pilot, I wonder if it would work? Would I need an internet connection in the field? I never thought of using it, if I even could. hmm Thanks