pc vs mac

68gypsy

Check out my program, MacCaching... Right now I'm only supporting Garmin, because that's all I have. However since I'm based on gpsbabel, I should be able to support other models. Just drop me an email, and I'll send you a special version to try with your model.

Right now you can import GPX (single or pocket queries), import .LOC files, edit cache info, create "Playlists" of caches, and transfer them to/from your GPS unit.

The software is only 1-2 months old so I don't have a lot of features yet. On the other hand, I'm actively developing it and open to suggestions.

The feature I'm working on right now is iPod syncing. I'm going to allow adding vCards into your Address Book and/or putting text files into the Notes section of an iPod.

snapshot_0_2_5.jpg

It looks great, nice to see more development on the Mac side

Wow this was a great threa... ive been searching for MAC software and never saw this one mentioned. I use GPSBABEL and MAC CACHEMATE convert.

Now if i could only find something to save my tracks with and view.

PS Garmin is releasing mac s/w next year per my conversation with tech support last week onmy purchase of my garmin 60CSX..

If anyone knows what you can use to update the geocaching.com FOUND LOGS from cachemate, please let me know.

Mac user here as well, whats the best way to get cache info from GC.com onto a Palm Zire 31

I am new to geocaching and am a mac user. Which GPS unit would be best for me to purchase in regards to downloading data?

68 gypsy

USE cachemate www.smittyware.com

excellent palm program..

My setup.

Ia'm very new to Geocaching and have an Old Garmin 12XL (found 5 up to now)

Premium member here, iBook, Palm Zire 31 with Cachemate on it.

I find it works well dowloading the .gpx files and uploading them to my Palm, then manually putting in the co-ordinates on my GPS.

I will update my GPS once Garmin releases there Mac software

PS Garmin is releasing mac s/w next year per my conversation with tech support last week onmy purchase of my garmin 60CSX..

Garmin has been saying that for a long time. This time last year, they promised Mac support by the end of 2006. Now they are saying next year. Notice a pattern? It doesn't take 12 months to realize it'll be another 12 months before something is done.

I gave up waiting, and decided to write my own.

Garmin has been saying that for a long time. This time last year, they promised Mac support by the end of 2006. Now they are saying next year. Notice a pattern? It doesn't take 12 months to realize it'll be another 12 months before something is done.

I really applaud you on your Maccaching appll

I wish i knew programming on MAC os. As a switcher, i dont know anything about programming on MAC yet.

Ive only had my MAC for a week but i dont intend to look back now :)

You know of any programs on MAC os that grab the track logs?

I now how technology can promise the world and not follow through. I haven't had time to check in this week and am amazed at the information provided. I subscribe to Apple procare and got curious about the promise of Mac support. Go to www.apple.com/retail/pro Click on the Made4Mac in the menu bar. In the search window I typed in Garmin and found several interesting tid bits of information. Hope this is of help to all.

I really applaud you on your Maccaching appll

I wish i knew programming on MAC os. As a switcher, i dont know anything about programming on MAC yet.

Ive only had my MAC for a week but i dont intend to look back now :rolleyes:

You know of any programs on MAC os that grab the track logs?