IE7 & photos

Tizzie

Can anyone help? I have just got an update to IE7 from those nice folk at you-know-where, and now when I move my mouse over the photo icon in log entries I only get a slice of the lefthand side of the photo instead of the whole thing. I seem to remember something similar happening a while back, but I can't remember the fix for it.

Can anyone help? I have just got an update to IE7 from those nice folk at you-know-where, and now when I move my mouse over the photo icon in log entries I only get a slice of the lefthand side of the photo instead of the whole thing. I seem to remember something similar happening a while back, but I can't remember the fix for it.

comment withdrawn.

I'll let dino_irl solve this problem for you.

Edited by stora

Tools ... internet options ... advanced ... scroll down to Multimedia ... check the boc "Enable automatic image resizing

That's how you do it for IE6; I imagine IE7 is the similar.

Tools ... internet options ... advanced ... scroll down to Multimedia ... check the boc "Enable automatic image resizing

That's how you do it for IE6; I imagine IE7 is the similar.

It is a useful option but unfortunately it doesn't correct the OP's problem in IE7. I think the code that's used to cause the pop-up picture just doesn't work with IE7 and the website designers haven't got it high on their list of priorities.

Oh and it's weird looking at a cache page in IE after using FF for so long. FF2 is so much neater, tidier and especially functional with the scripts I've got running.

Edited by dino-irl

I'm a firefox bod - but the problem is caused by IE7 CORRECTLY :huh: rendering the webpage. More information on hte link below from Groundspeak themselves.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...p;#entry2528882

The long and short of it is that Groundspeak had to issue a patch on their servers, which they've now done. If you're still having problems, clear out your temporary pages and when you go back to geocaching.com, refresh the page (using the little swirly arrow icon on your toolbar) whilst holding down the Ctrl key. This forces your computer to go and get brand new webpage information from the internet, rather than trying to use any temporary files it may still have rattling around on your C drive.

Hope this helps.

Scott