Tri-go's Totally Tubular Tailgaiting Time...Take Two

pghlooking

That time of the year has come again for Trigo to host their winter event. This year we have managed to get the snow tubing park to ourselves for a 4 hour block. We will be having door prizes and games. Last year we had over 85 people show up, with about 65 of them tubing. We are expecting a larger showing this year and wanted to make sure people who weren't from the immediate area knew about it in case they were looking for a winter road trip to get away from the cabin fever that should be hitting about this time. If anyone needs any more info on the evnt or anything else, feel free to email me.

Tri-go's Totally Tubular Tailgaiting Time...Take Two

I just wanted to take a moment and make sure our PA reviewers got a formal invite to the tubing event we are hosting. Keystone at least has it easy living so close to the event, but we understand that O Reviewer and MissPlaced are some ways away, but all the same. We wish for each and every one of you to be present at this event.

We have over 150 people coming from over 50 different caching families and from at least 3 neighboring states. This would be a great way for the locals to get to know the reviewers and for the reviewers to put some faces with names they have seen submitting caches. I am not sure if many of the locals here have ever meet a reviewer before so it would be a very nice addition to be able to have 1,, 2, or even all 3 of you present for this event.

I hope you will all consider it.

Edit for Duh! moment.

Edited by pghlooking

Thank you for the kind invitation!

There are a few people that I would like to pummel with snowballs :lol: but they will be lucky. They'll escape my wrath that Sunday.

Feel free to swing by and let the snowballs fly! Please, leave the Admin Brick at home...

edit: I should have read the whole tread before making a geocaching joke...

Edited by DeskJocky

As of the last count it appears there will be 160+ people attending the event, many of them new cachers in our area. More people are posting 'will attend' logs each day. There is a very nice dry/warm building there for those who don't wish to tube. Even with all the warm weather we are having in our area, there is snow on the tubing lanes! This event is for the whole family, I know my kids are looking forward to the event, they had a blast last year. Probably close to 50% of those attending are kids.

is there snow?

They make their own snow. They have the distinction of being te only tubing park within 200 miles that is currently running fully. Seven Springs is suppose to be opening but no word if they have yet. He made more last week and it will be cold enough the next few nights that he can continue making snow. There will without a doubt be plenty of snow for tubing. We have 170+ cachers ready to hit the hills on this one.

We had some rain that came harder than expected and lasted waaayyyy longer than expected. He lost the lift line and had some bare spots on the hill as of yesterday. The good news though is he brought in another compressor to get extra help in making snow today. The temps dropped last night and he started making snow. He has been making it non stop from then and should be making it through tommorrow morning some time. It should be plenty of snow to tube. they were calling for rain which looked bad at first but has since backed up until sometime Sunday afternoon which wouldn't affect us. As it stands now we should be just fine. There is a front coming through Saturday evening that we are watching, but other than that it will be a tubular time for all.

At this point, the last count was about 130 cachers from around 45 different caching teams. There are still some logs coming in. Of the 130 people, we had 82 people tubing. Not too bad for a weird rain storm that lasted for 4 days and hasn't stopped yet. Better weather and we would have had alot more people. Who would have thunk it in the middle of January! As it stands we had people from PA, NY, OH, WV, MD, and even Canada make the trip. All in all a wonderful time was had by all. Plus there is nothing better than watching over 20 kids fighting to finish first in the yellow snow eating contest. The brain freezes just make you hurt watching.