Looking up archived caches?

JSWilson64

Didn't see this option in Pocket Queries - I'd like to look at an area where I'd like to place a cache, to see how many caches have been archived near this area. It's in a big-city park, gets lots of visitors. The hiding spot is in a wooded area, off the beaten path, but still in the park

Do cache reviewers keep records that would let me figure out if this area is a black hole, and to find a better spot?

Didn't see this option in Pocket Queries - I'd like to look at an area where I'd like to place a cache, to see how many caches have been archived near this area. It's in a big-city park, gets lots of visitors. The hiding spot is in a wooded area, off the beaten path, but still in the park

Do cache reviewers keep records that would let me figure out if this area is a black hole, and to find a better spot?

You have hit on exactly why archived caches should be easily searchable. I'm told that if you are a premium member and look at the maps there is a way to see the archived caches. I have not messed with this and don't know more than that.

If you are looking at your My Account page, click the "Map It" graphic near the upper right corner of the page to get a map that is initially centered on your home coordinates. If you are a premium member, there's a checkbox below the map to show archived caches.

Ouch! (I just smacked myself in the head) Thanks!