Cache found on private land

K0BKL

this same thing just happened to me i started from a park and started walking down a trail because i read an article stating this is the cities new land reserve so i went ahead and hid 2 back there well turns out i wondered a lil to far without noticing so i used my land use map and found out this was considered a small city farmstead so i know where the guy lives and according to the cache finders the no tresspassing signs were just placed i hope to settle this out soon even if it means archivement im ok but this is a lesson to all to make sure you know where you go i would recommend a land use map.

A related humorous anecdote:

I hid a cache, Our Tribute, which is a "Thank You" to the great reviewers of Florida. I hid it along a stretch of river which I believed to be sovereign land of the state. (as in, permission implied) It was several hundred yards outside the posted border of a nearby state park. In Florida, you need explicit permission to place a cache in a state park. Turns out the park also owned the property where my cache was, so my hide, dedicated to my reviewers, was a guidelines violation. :mad: