GCXXXX indentification on cache lable

BAKO1313

The last weekly notification stressed the importance of labeling a cache. Cache labels that are available from the various speciality retail sources have a spot for GCXXXX identification. To get the GCXXXX identification onto a cache you have placed do you need to go back and do that after the cache is published?

Would you use your geocaching.com user name for further contact information on the lable?

Thanks for any help you can provide this beginner.

BAKO1313

You can fill out a "dummy" cache page before you place your cache. If you uncheck the "Yes, this listing is active " box it will not go into the review queue. You will then have a page with a GC# and you can use that to label your cache.

Once you've placed the cache you can then edit that page and add all the pertinent info. You then re-check the "Yes, this listing is active" box and its ready for review.

As far as further contact info, I use my e-mail address and sometimes my cell phone number. My geocacher name would be virtually useless to an accidental finder.

You can fill out a "dummy" cache page before you place your cache. If you uncheck the "Yes, this listing is active " box it will not go into the review queue. You will then have a page with a GC# and you can use that to label your cache.

Once you've placed the cache you can then edit that page and add all the pertinent info. You then re-check the "Yes, this listing is active" box and its ready for review.

As far as further contact info, I use my e-mail address and sometimes my cell phone number. My geocacher name would be virtually useless to an accidental finder.

That's what I do as well. I use Google Earth to get approximate coordinates, fill out the cache page and then label the container. Hide the cache, take the accurate coordinate readings and then come home and finalize the cache listing before activating it.