I Just found a mystery coin

Hi All,

I just found what I thought was a Geocoin in

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...cb-af393c2c922e

But when I checked the tracking number is P??? (??? is a number ), which isn't the same format as other coins I've found, and when I enter the number on the trackables page it can't be found. There were no trackable items logged into the cache, and looking through previous logs I can't find any obvious reference to anyone leaving it. For reference it's Bronze, the usual Geocoin size & look, one side has a picture of 2 pirates fighting, and on the other a picture of a pirate ship. It has the following phrases on it "The Captain's Travellin' Treasure" "Ahoy There Scurvy Dog!" "Yo-ho Yo-ho A Pirates Life For Me!!" & "Ave You Found My Treasure?". It also has a small red leaf (Canadian Maple Leaf?), and the a logo like SWx4 with a roof over the top.

Anyone know what it is?

Hi All,

I just found what I thought was a Geocoin in

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...cb-af393c2c922e

But when I checked the tracking number is P??? (??? is a number ), which isn't the same format as other coins I've found, and when I enter the number on the trackables page it can't be found. There were no trackable items logged into the cache, and looking through previous logs I can't find any obvious reference to anyone leaving it. For reference it's Bronze, the usual Geocoin size & look, one side has a picture of 2 pirates fighting, and on the other a picture of a pirate ship. It has the following phrases on it "The Captain's Travellin' Treasure" "Ahoy There Scurvy Dog!" "Yo-ho Yo-ho A Pirates Life For Me!!" & "Ave You Found My Treasure?". It also has a small red leaf (Canadian Maple Leaf?), and the a logo like SWx4 with a roof over the top.

Anyone know what it is?

It might be a coin that's not trackable on GC.com but is trackable somewhere else. We found a coin that was only trackable on gecoins.ca - is there another website with it - on a slip of paper perhaps?

Edited by chizu

There was nothing with it at all. I checked on Travellertags and geocoins.ca and it's neither of them.

Its not an issue with ones, eyes, zero's, queus and ohh's not to mention ell's, jays, fives and essess all of which can look the same on many gecoins.

(1iIlL0OQjJ5sS)

No, the number does have a zero in it but I did try both 0 and O.

Anyhow I've solved the mystery, I googled for SWX4, which turned up an Ebay auction of someone selling one of the coins I've got, apparently it's a personal coin belonging to these cachers (& there's a picture of the coin on their profile page):

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/Default....45-4e78cb9ea6ae

but they're not trackable on GC.COM.

I'll Email the SWX4 to see if it can be tracked elsewhere & what they would like me to do with it.

Thanks for your help everyone.

TFTC,

Martyn