are you bothered by people using their own termonology

My Italian isn't real good. (pretty much non-existent), my Spanish is a bit better, and allows me to recognize that this quote from Alice is the one where Humpty tells Alice that when he uses a word it means what he wants it to mean, nothing more or less. I was going to do a search for the English version, but got occupied on other things. Oh well, point made. I don't care if somebody calls a cache a stash, a geo-plant or a clam fritter. If I know what he means, and he knows what he means the job is done. How about "hacitaw" ? That's hidden ammo can in the area woods. I made it up.

As to geo-this or that, sometimes it's just fun, some times a bit presumptious, but harms nothing. In logs I occasionally refer to my pups as the geo-yorkies, just because when I take dogs along they weigh in at 9 and 5 pounds, and yorkies in the woods have a different image than the usual sheps, rotts, labs, and goldies that go cachin'. And yep, they are indeed "earth dogs" and love to go into small spaces looking for critters. More than one rabbit or other rodent has met a nasty end in my back yard. Can you say "skinned alive?"

Oh well, back to work.

hairball

In logs I occasionally refer to my pups as the geo-yorkies, just because when I take dogs along they weigh in at 9 and 5 pounds, and yorkies in the woods have a different image than the usual sheps, rotts, labs, and goldies that go cachin'. And yep, they are indeed "earth dogs" and love to go into small spaces looking for critters. More than one rabbit or other rodent has met a nasty end in my back yard. Can you say "skinned alive?"

Yorkies are a lot tougher than most people think, if you treat them like dogs... they are terriers, after all. :P