Google Earth

This works - but I don't know about the 'SIMPLE'

1. Set up a filter in GSAK to show only the caches you want to appear on GEarth

2. in GSAK go to File - Export and export a GPX file

3. In G Earth open the GPX file

Its quicker than deleting them each time!

Many thanks for that, I'll give it a go immediately, with my skill/luck at computers I hope to have it completed before opening my presents on Christmas morning. :D

Alternatively within Google earth go to File - Open and then open up the GPX file as you would in any other file in any other program.

Playing with it a bit more this morning if you are dealing with larger numbers of caches Google earth seems to get indigestion and only shows some of them. The fix for this is to export a .loc file from GSAK and open this in Google earth. This seems to overcome the problem; probably because loc files are much smaller.

To export a loc, its the same as a GPX but click the LOC eyeball on the last screen before clicking 'generate'

Alternatively within Google earth go to File - Open and then open up the GPX file as you would in any other file in any other program.

Tried this one and my Google Earth went horribly wrong, most, but not all of my green caches turned orange and the waypoint numbers appeared making this part of the north-west even more confusing than it normally is. Think I'll have another go when my brain is not quite so addled.

Many thanks to all sugestees!

I tried this, and it did not work. I have a filter that only holds the caches I have not found, so I exported that, opened it with Google, and it still had my own caches and some that I had found in the display.

I have noticed, too, that may caches are displayed twice in Google - ie two little lollipop flags, each referring to the same cache. Any ideas on this one?

I tried this, and it did not work. I have a filter that only holds the caches I have not found, so I exported that, opened it with Google, and it still had my own caches and some that I had found in the display.

I have noticed, too, that may caches are displayed twice in Google - ie two little lollipop flags, each referring to the same cache. Any ideas on this one?

Have you remembered to turn off (untick the box for) Geocaching Network.kml? Otherwise you will be seeing all those caches as well as the ones from your GPX file. Hence the duplicate caches.

Edited by Just Roger

Have you remembered to turn off (untick the box for) Geocaching Network.kml? Otherwise you will be seeing all those caches as well as the ones from your GPX file. Hence the duplicate caches.

Thanks for that - it worked.

The odd thing is, I had noticed this dual occurrence before trying the gpx file which we have been discussing. So when I took your advice, I noticed that I had two (!) Geocaching Network.kml options in the Places window, both checked! Unchecking one of them solved the problem.

Talk about two birds with one stone!

Thanks again.

Thanks for that - it worked.

The odd thing is, I had noticed this dual occurrence before trying the gpx file which we have been discussing. So when I took your advice, I noticed that I had two (!) Geocaching Network.kml options in the Places window, both checked! Unchecking one of them solved the problem.

I KNOW it's me and for this can only apologise but I did say it needed to be simple for me :rolleyes:

I've tried the above but all I still get is a load of orangey circles with the ref no. above it, ie no green or yellow boxes, and when I hover the cursor over it nothing happens. Step by (simple) step instructions anybody? Please? Pretty Please?? B)

Talk about two birds with one stone!

Thanks again.