A cache with a trading theme?

jcrosser

You can make a theme cache to do pretty much anything you want it to do. I have been to lapel pin caches, music item theme caches, keychain caches, travel bug caches, and I have an example of a music CD cache that I found in Wisconsin.

Bob's Jukebox

I don't discourage you from hiding a music CD cache in your area....just because of the unfortunate fate of this cache doesn't mean it is going to happen to all caches of this type. It lasted a whole 2 years without any problems.

Good luck with the hide......

Oh yeah...totally forgot about caches that I own! Talk about trusting the Geocaching community, I have a cache that you trade state quarters. I have over $2 worth of quarters in it and in the 2 years that the cache has been active, I have had only 2 problems with people ripping off the loot. That is pretty good compared to the 116 total logs to the cache as of now.

Quarter Dollar

That one was in an area that is being logged, I don't know how long any cache would last.

This one:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...a7-34a6426630ee

Has been in my town Since April and is still going strong. Like any cache it's lifespan can be shortened by where and how well it is hidden.

We've been to a few like that (CD Trader - Multi, Reservoir CD Trader), and a few that allow other media trades too (Lewiston DVD Trade Cache, Not Just For Movies).

One that we haven't gone to yet but is on our to-do list is The Crappy Music Cache, which has the most realistic name and description of all the caches of this type that we've seen :blink: . We've even got our crappiest CD set aside for this one. ("New Disease" by 1000 Mona Lisas. The fact that we're keeping something called "Kick-a** Polkas" over this one should give you an idea of just how crappy it actually is :tired: )